Monday, January 5, 2009

"Nope, I'm good"

The first Sunday of the month and this is how Olivia got ready for church. I was stressed out of my mind! Church has moved to 1 so that was great. My stress came with this little darling and how I was going to get her to go to her new class without a fight. I had been pumping her up all week about how she is going to go to a big girl class and that she would be in primary. Now keep in mind that she was a pill to get to go to nursery. From the day she was put in till last week I had to sneak out of the room when she wasn't looking. I was not looking forward to the second hour! Well the time came.......the walk of dread....we get to the primary room. It was filled with mom's and dad's trying to help get their kids in the right class. We walked to the front of the room. The Sunbeam row. All those cute little chairs waiting for all those screaming 3 year olds. There was an empty seat next to a very nervous girl. I told Liv to "sit next to Kenzie" she did. No fight! She crossed her legs, straightened out her dress, and then folded her arms. I looked at her and told her what a big girl she was. I asked her if she wanted me to sit with her today or if I should stay with her till her teacher got there. (Keep in mind I was planning on sitting with her for week, maybe even till Laurels) With the cutest smile she looked up at me and said "nope, I'm good". That was it. No screaming, crying or grabbing for my legs. That was it! So I left. Off to my class. I think I was having a harder time than she was. I checked on her about 20 times. One time she caught me, and with a loud whisper from the front of the primary room she said.."mom I need to go pee's". Sorry mom I know you wish she would say potty:) So I took her quickly to the bathroom. Then with her arms folded she marched back to the front of the room, waived to me and turned back around. Moral of the story.....miracles never cease!

11 comments:

ebluth said...

I had to threaten Logan with time out because he would not sit down. He was pretty nervous about being in there. So great for Liv that she had zero problem.

ebluth said...

That was Ashley...

Leslie said...

Oh yay! That makes me so happy. I hope my girl does so well next year.

Becky said...

Sounds like Whitney! Whitney is still attached to me. When I was Primary president she was always in Primary so the minute she turned 18, we called her as a teacher! Which she did for about 3 years!

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

YAY! I'm so happy she wasnt a clinger. I wonder how Grace is going to be for nursery in 2 months. I can't wait!

Something to talk About said...

I'm so glad it worked out so well! My neice is 3, also, and her first Sunday in Primary, she and another little girl snuck away during the walk to their class and were found a while later by a member of the bishopric. They were playing with toys in an empty nursery classroom. Teacher didn't even know they were missing. You gotta love 'em!

Sims Mom said...

I am trying to get Eliza to go to Jr Nursery class with no luck. Send some of the miracle juice my way!

Page said...

She is the cutest thing ever! My brave little girl!

Torrie said...

Crap my baby went to "big girl primary" too. I forgot that they are both 3. I was nervous for El to go to primary b/c nursery was difficult but she sucked it up and has done great! I work in Primary, I sit a few rows behind her and she'll look back and wave and then turn back around and stick her finger in her nose and chill with the other nose picking, so cute, Sunbeams.

Jenna said...

How awesome, Cyrena is loving primary so far as well! And I got your message, I'll give you a call soon!

The Hacking Family said...

That's wonderful! Way to go Livy!