
Ok so make fun of the picture all you want, but you know I suck at this so I guess it is no a real shock. I have no idea how to get web pictures on, only what is on my camera...so I pulled out my favorite book and took a picture of a temple. Not my favorite temple, but you get the idea. The better picture I took had my toe in the corner cause I had it on the floor holding it with my foot. ANYWAYS- to get to the point. Yesterday Rich and I were having a particularly stressful day. I decided last minute that instead of going to the park to play baseball, I was going to go to the temple. Jackson was less than pleased and made it very known! After we explained why mom needed to go he chilled. Now the reason, besides the obvious, that I needed to go is because it has been a LONG time. Not just like the- I havent been there for a couple weeks or months - but the I cant believe it has been that many years, needing to go. As embarrassing as it is to admit, it had been that long. I have had a current recommend the entire time, but I just didnt do it. No reason or excuse. So I was so scared, I hate going alone. But I sucked it up, and it was AWESOME, as per usual. No huge revelation came from it, just that peaceful feeling that sometimes you just realy need. So any and all that can, GO! People that are close to temples take it for granted and it is rediculous! There are people waiting. Don't let them down.
7 comments:
I love the temple! It is about a 4 hr excursion with the drive and time spent there to go here, but always well worth it!
I know what you mean about taking it for granted. Way to go encouraging everyone! You are wonderful and I love ya!
Good for you! I wish we lived closer. I am glad the Lord has provided these places of refuge for His children.
I went to temple on Wed. as part of my month long birthday celbration and I was thinking that I should make it a tradition. A gift to someone else for my birthday. I don't make it to the temple nearly as often as I should but when I go it is so awesome! I am glad that you were able to go too.
So...I love the background and I love the blog. Let's keep eachother on track and call when we get the chance to go to the temple and maybe one out of ten times we can go together. See ya later.
Thanks for the pep talk doll. We try to go once a month and even that often is hard when you have little ones. I know all about that. I'm glad it was a spiritually invigorating experience for you.
Thanks for the reminder Ash, I think your post was just for me :) Anyway, I will teach you how to get pics from the internet, its easy i promise!
Post a Comment