Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our First Adventure

Oh my gosh we had so much fun yesterday! We decides to make family night on Tuesday and make it a day trip. My parents used to take us out of school and tell us we were going on an "Adventure". I think all of us looked forward to these. They took us to fun places like Virginia City Nv, The Donner Party Monument, and would also go to do smaller things like hikes and drive -in movies. So I decided my kids are at the age that they love a little adventure and to get out of the house to explore.
We went to Pine Valley Resevoir. It is at 6900 feet so it was a little chilly, but any chance the kids have to dig in dirt they are happy! We took a little hike. I was a bit worn out from the 20 lb weight attached to my hip. (Rich is the picture man)
Whenever your kids fight, look for times like this that reminds you they are best friends. It was too sweet! We were exploring because dad was becoming one with nature. (see photo below)
They had a little fishing dock where the kids would play around and in the water.
And under.
Rich is a very "nature-ish" guy. He loves the outdoors. He was trying to soak it all in, Killi wouldnt have that! He said he could have laid there for hours. Everyone else was getting restless after 20 minutes.
Mom (Tracy) would say he was as happy as a toad frog!
We found this little fort someone had made. Jackson was convinced that it belonged to someone who got lost in the woods and needed protection from animals.
She's just cute, I'll keep her!
Thats it. Fun day. Beautiful country. Once again I apologize for the massive amounts of pictures, but only a little sorry, ehh- not at all sorry.

9 comments:

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

I love that picture of Jackson and Livvy holding hands, you should submit it to a magazine or something, some sort of photo contest. That looks like it was such a fun trip! I remember those day trips. One day mom woke T and I up at like 5 and said, hey, if you get your rooms cleaned in a half hour I'll take you to Las Vegas. So we went to the Adventure Dome for the day! Pretty sure we have the coolest parents ever.

Leslie said...

Never be sorry for lots of pictures! What a beautiful place! And what a cute little family. That picture of your kids holding hands is priceless! I hope you frame it.

Page said...

Rich did look like he was one with nature that day. That looks so gorgeous, I'm glad you guys had a fun adventure!

Ordyna Arena said...

Wow, that's very pretty! Good for you guys- getting out for a little quiet family time.

The Bluths said...

Ashley I didn't know you had a blog! Way to tell me! I haven't even seen your youngest and Olivia is so big and adorable!

Torrie said...

I love the idea of family ditch'n school and making awesome memeories. Thr pictures of the kids are fab. don't be sorry ever again! You will have to use the pic of Jackson and Olivia as proof that they once loved eachother, when they are teens and hating eachother ;0)

SeƱora H-B said...

Your family is so cute! I miss the mountains so much... Someday we'll get back there...

The Hacking Family said...

What a fun outing. The 'adventure' tradition sounds like a fun one to keep up, maybe we'll have to adopt something similar.

Jenna said...

So fun, I'm glad you did that! Killi is aDORABLE!!!