Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm a big girl now!

Most of you know that I have been working at a Care and Rehab center in St. George. Rich has not been cleared to go back to work (and wont be until back surgery) so I have been the "working" parent for the past year and 3 months. I was the cook, and LOVED it! I love cooking, so why not get paid for it. The pay was not great and we were really struggling. If it were not for parents and grandparents I'm not really sure how we would have survived. So we have been praying extra hard, my mom has put our names in the Temple every 2 weeks (for years), and most recently our ward had a special fast for the "Unemployed, or underemployed". Last Thursday I was walking down the hall at work when the Executive Director of the facility asked if I could see him after work. Long story short, my boss was fired 2 hours before my meeting, and I was offered the position. Sad to see the boss go, but incredibly humbled by the offer. Knowing it was an answer to a prayer, I accepted. Today was day 3. It has been the most difficult job I have ever had. More involved than anyone would ever think. The pay raise was very significant. It will be hard, but I am very excited. I love my residents, and knowing I can help them be happier is so awesome for me. So say hello to the new Dietary Manager of St. George Care and Rehab. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much! Tithing works! Prayer works! And working your rear off works!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow!! Congratulations and good luck!

Jenna said...

Oh my, that is GREAT NEWS Ashley!! I'm so happy for you!

Stuart and Sarah said...

Congrats! That is amazing and you will do AWESOME!!

The Gibby Family said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad things are starting to look up!! You'll do awesome!!